On the happening of any event which may result in a claim under this policy, the Insured shall, at their own expense, under penalty of being responsible for losses and damages
- Notify the company immediately from the day it occurred or the day the insured became aware of such an event.
- Immediately after the event inform the police of any claim involving theft or (if required by the company) loss of property and take all practicable steps to discover the guilty party and to recover the stolen or lost property.
- Immediately after the event, but not later than 7 days, submit to the company full details in writing of any claim.
- Give the company such proofs, information and sworn declaration as the company may require and forward to the company immediately any notice of claim or any communication, writ, summons or other legal process issued or commenced against the insured in connection with the event giving rise to a claim.
- In the event of a property lost/stolen/damaged claim the onus of proof rests upon the insured to comply with all requirements and should submit detailed quotes to substantiate the quantum.
- In the event of a motor claim a valid driver’s license/permits, copy of insurance Certificate or sticker and relevant documents pertaining to the vehicle should be supplied as well as quotations for repairs on the vehicle.
- Provide, within 14 days, particulars of any other insurance covering such events are hereby insured.