Home Safety Tips
You don’t need black market insurance they don’t pay claims, we pay genuine claims.
A. TIPS FOR PREVENTING SLIPS AND FALLS AT HOME
- Clean up spills immediately to avoid slips and falls.
- Install grab bars in the shower.
- Keep Cables in trunks and out of traffic to avoid trips and falls.
B. FIRE SAFTEY AT HOME
- Keep all fires and heaters well-guarded, especially open fires.
- Never leave a pan unattended when deep frying and watch for overheating.
- Keep matches and lighters well out of the reach of children.
- Always ensure that gas knobs are properly turned off when not in use.
- Fit approved smoke detectors in the house.
- Plan your escape route. In the event of a fire, remember to get out, stay out and call the fire Service Department.
- It helps to keep an approved fire extinguisher at home.
C. ELECTRICAL SAFETY AT HOME
- Wiring Installations should be checked by a professional at least once every five years.
- Do not use appliances with worn or damaged flexes.
- Keep portable mains-operated appliances out of the bathroom.
- Faulty electrical appliances should be checked and fixed as soon as fault is detected. Do not use them when they are faulty.
- Look for the CE mark when you buy an electrical equipment. This is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products.
- Never overload an electric socket.
D. HEATING AND COOKING
- If a gas flame, which normally burns blue, burns orange this may be a built of carbon monoxide. Have your appliance checked immediately by a qualified professional.
- If you suspect a gas leak, open the windows, turn off the supply and call a qualified professional for assistance. Don’t operate switches as a spark could ignite the gas.
- Do not keep heavy items on high shelves, and keep items in daily use within easy reach.
- Take extra care with hot water, tea, coffee or soup as, if there are young children around, they could get scalded.
- Keep knives sharp and in good condition and keep out of reach of children.
- Keep handles of hot utensils and frying pans out of traffic to avoid spillage of hot substances.